Edison enters in the home services market

Edison enters in the home services market

Milan, 2 March 2017 – Edison has strengthened its offer of innovative customer services by acquiring 51% Assistenza Casa, the Italian subsidiary of the international Group HomeServe, which will retain the remaining 49%. With this transaction Edison confirms its capacity to innovate by enhancing its competitive electricity and gas offers with a complete range of services dedicated to maintenance, installation, assistance and smart home. “The strategic agreement with HomeServe allows us to offer our customers about 1,400 skilled craftsmen selected throughout Italy to ensure timely and top quality solutions in any emergencies occurred at domestic devices - said Alessandro Zunino, CEO of Edison Energia -. With an expense of few euros per month it is possible to eliminate very high cost of repairs due to damages”.

“The home services sector is developing and transforming steadily. Thanks to Edison, a company with a track record of innovation and success, Assistenza Casa will leverage on a multi-channel marketing approach to bring to a bigger number of Italian families its range of innovative solutions ” – said Lionello Guelfi, CEO of Assistenza Casa.

The home service spending in the residential, flat complex and small business market totals approximately €8 billion per year[1]. This is both an opportunity and a challenge that Edison is ready to take in order to become a leading player also in this business.

Established in 2010, Assistenza Casa has more than 50 employees and a network of about 1,400 craftsmen throughout Italy serving about 300,000 costumers. Thanks to this transaction Edison will offer its customers a complete range of value added services, including electrical, gas and plumbing repairs, boiler and air conditioner installation and maintenance and Internet of Things device installation to improve the domestic comfort and to reduce the electricity and gas bill.

Through this acquisition, Edison will benefit from an experience of more than twenty years in Europe and in the world in the field of home assistance and innovative services and devices for home care, developed by the partner HomeServe in its Research Center.

Assistenza Casa will be consolidated on a line-by-line basis in Edison’s financial statements.


[1] Source: EY


Edison is a leading player in  Italy  and Europe in the procurement, production and sale of electricity, in the provision of energy and environmental services thanks also to its subsidiary Fenice and in the E&P sector. Founded over 130 years ago, Edison has contributed to the electrification and development of Italy. It now operates in Italy, Europe,and in the Mediterranean Basin, employing 5,000 people. In the power generation sector, Edison has plants with total capacity of 6.5 GW.

For further information on Assistenza casa: http://www.assistenzacasa.com/

Edison press office
T 02 6222 7331 E ufficiostampa@edison.it
Elena Distaso
T 338 2500609; elena.distaso@edison.it
Lucia Caltagirone
T 331 6283718; lucia.caltagirone@edison.it
Lorenzo Matucci
T 337 1500332; lorenzo.matucci@edison.it