Born in Paris, France, on November 19, 1953. He holds degrees in Engineering from Polytechnique College, in Economics from ENSAE (National College for Statistics and Administration) and in Political Sciences from Institut d’Etudes Politiques in Paris. He is married, with three children, and is a Knight of the National Order of Merit. He currently serves as EDF’s Senior Executive Vice President.
• He joined EDF’s General Economic Studies Department in 1978.
• In August 1991, he was named Manager at EDF GDF Services Var and, in 1993, Finance Manager of EDF with responsibility for cash management, financing and mergers-acquisitions.
• In 1998, he was appointed Chairman and CEO of the London Electricity Group, now EDF Energy.
• From the beginning of 2002 until the end of 2004, he served as Manager of Production and Engineering.
• In December 2004, he was named Deputy General Manager of EDF and member of the Executive Committee, with responsibility for international operations.
• In 2008, in his capacity as manager responsible for the development of EDF Group’s gas operations, he negotiated a cooperation agreement with Gazprom that enabled EDF to join the Southstream gas pipeline project.
• In April 2010, he was named Senior Executive Vice-President and member of the Group’s newly established Management Committee.
Born in Clichy, France, on August 21, 1947. He earned degrees from Polytechnique College, ENSAE (National College for Statistics and Administration) and Centre de Perfectionnement aux Affaires (Centre for Advanced Business Studies). He also holds a Sociology Degree. He currently serves as EDF’s Group Senior Executive Vice President, Activities in France.
• From 1973 to 1993, he served in different capacities at the Distribution Department of EDF and Gaz de France.
• From 1996 to 1998, he was Personnel and Social Relations Manager of EDF and Gaz de France.
• From 1998 to 2002, he was Sales Manager and, later, Manager of the Trading Department of Gaz de France.
• From 2002 to 2004, he was Adjunct General Manager of the Gaz de France Group.
• From September 2004 to 2009, he served as EDF’s Chief Operating Officer.
• In December 2009, he was named Executive Vice President for the coordination of activities in France and Human Resources of the EDF Group.
• In December 2010, he was appointed Executive Vice President for the coordination of activities in France, the Renewable Energy area, Information Systems and Natural Gas.