Born in Monza (Milano) on August 2, 1958. University education: Degree in Economics and Business Administration earned in 1984 from Milan’s Bocconi University.
Esperienze di insegnamento e professionali
- Admission to professional licensing boards: Certified Public Accountant admitted to the Milan Board of Certified Public Accountants in 1990.
- Independent Auditor: Listed in the Register of Independent Auditors pursuant to Ministerial Decree dated April 12, 1995, published in Issue No. 31-bis, page 317, of the Official Gazette of the Italian Republic on April 12, 1995.
- Since June 1, 2003, Partner of Studio Legale e Tributario Fantozzi & Associati, based at the Milan office.
- From 1997 to 2003, Studio di Consulenza Legale e Tributaria - Andersen Legal - Milan and Treviso.
- From 1990 to 1997, Studio di Consulenza Legale e Tributaria - Milan.
- Beginning on September 1, 1990, partner of Studio di Consulenza Legale e Tributaria in Milan, an association of attorneys at law and certified public accountants that was a member of the Andersen Worldwide network with offices in Milan, Rome, Turin, Treviso, Genoa and Bologna. Earlier, he was an employee of this company.
- Teaching activities: Lecturer at conventions and seminars organized by a number of different organizations (Board of Certified Public Accountants, IPSOA, CEGOS, UN Industria, Lugano Center of Bank Studies, etc.).
- Published works: Contribution of articles and monographs to specialized taxation and corporate affairs publications.
Governance Posts Held
- Special skills: Professional activities of particular significance were those that he performed in connection with such extraordinary transactions as acquisitions, mergers, demergers, etc., providing consulting support in the areas of taxation and corporate affairs and, more in general, within the framework of reorganizations of large and medium-size groups. In addition, he provided taxation and corporate affairs support in connection with various acquisitions of Italian and foreign companies by multinational groups and private equity funds.
- He holds governance posts in several companies. He served as Statutory Auditor of Italenergia Bis Spa from 2002 to 2005 and of AEM Spa from 2001 to 2007.
Born in Como on October 6, 1940, he is married, has three children and holds a Degree in Economics and Business Administration from Milan’s Cattolica University.
Academic and Professional Background
- Tenured professor of Business Economics at the School of Banking, Financial and Insurance Sciences of Milan’s Cattolica University.
- Certified Public Accountant and Independent Auditor.
- Founder of Studio Associato Palma, a professional corporation with offices in Como and Milan.
- Member of the Italian Academy of Business Economics.
- Author of numerous publications on corporate issues and of three books on, respectively, statutory financial statements, financial equilibrium in business management and oversight function of the Board of Statutory Auditors in the banking industry.
- Lecturer at numerous national conventions.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the magazine Il controllo nelle società e negli enti.
- He has developed proven expertise as a business and corporate consultant, specifically in connection with extraordinary transactions (sale of business operations, mergers, demergers) and valuations of business operations and equity interests.
- He serves on the Boards of Directors and Boards of Statutory Auditors of privately held and publicly traded companies.
- He is actively engaged in charitable activities, serving in various positions with non-profit associations.
- Commander of the Order of St. Sylvester Pope.
- Member of the National Commission for the Definition of Accounting Principles from 1980 to 2002.
Leonello Schinasi was born in Cairo, Egypt, on June 5, 1950. He is married and earned a Degree in Economics and Business Administration from the Bocconi, in Milan, in 1976. Graduation grade: 110 out of 110. Dissertation title: Tax Avoidance and Evasion. Dissertation advisor: Prof. Victor Uckmar.
Academic and Professional Background
- Certified Public Accountant since 1979. Licensed to exercise this profession by virtue of having passed the required exam at Urbino University.
- Technical consultant of the Court of Turin since 1993
- Independent Auditor since 1995.
- 1977 Pirola Pennuto Zei & Associati. Tax and legal consulting firm based in Milan.
- 1988 Founding Partner responsible for the Turin office.
- He developed a significant and consolidated expertise in providing consulting support to publicly traded and privately held companies and to national and multinational groups.
- He sits on the Boards of Statutory Auditors of several companies.
- He served as independent appraiser in connection with conveyances in kind and as consultant in the development and implementation of such extraordinary transactions as mergers, demergers, divestitures, domestic and transnational conveyances and listings of companies on regulated markets.
- In addition, he acquired important knowhow concerning groups that operate in high technology areas and telecommunications, both domestically and internationally.
- He frequently served as a tutor at professional development courses and conventions on taxation and corporate issues in Italy and, thanks to his knowledge of foreign languages, in international settings.
- Languages spoken: French (mother tongue), English, Italian, Arabic.